Thursday, September 25, 2014

Final Post

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

So throw off the bowlines.

Sail away from safe harbor.

Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream. Discover". -Mark Twain

"Why not," I say.

Why not step out of your comfort zone and do something daring. It may be difficult, it may be a struggle, but it will probably be amazing.

I am having a hard time realizing that this trip is over, it seems like we have been traveling forever and yet it also feels like it was just yesterday that we sold everything and hit the road.

This life change we made, this leap into the unknown...it has transformed us. It has given us courage to step out of the norm, to look at our world differently and to continually reevaluate our lives.

It has given us so much appreciation for family, friends and church. Most of all this trip has given us a deeper understanding of God's love for us, that He takes care of our every need. We know we are blessed beyond measure.

The past two weeks were spent traveling from Pismo Beach to Carlsbad...

Pismo was amazing, while So Cal suffered from a heat wave we were enjoying the nice cool ocean breezes. I loved every minute of our time there, knowing it would be our last stop before we head home.


Avila Beach near Pismo.

We all enjoyed the RV park we stayed at, lot's of activities for the kids.

Duck feedings everyday.

We celebrated my birthday while in Pismo. I had the perfect day, I was able to have some alone time to go shopping, and we had a yummy dinner overlooking the Pacific.

Pismo was the perfect stop to make before we headed back to "reality".

On the drive south, toward home, it felt surreal. It was nice to know our way, we loved not having to look at our Google maps and navigation.

Familiarity can be so comforting.

The best part of the drive was when we saw this sign.


Coming home meant lot's of family and friend reunions and that's just what we have been doing this past week.

Cousin love.

Thankfully the kids were able to get right back into the charter school where they go two days a week, supporting the home schooling I do the other three days. Such a perfect combo.

Blake was excited about his first day back.

While the kids went to school Justin and I were able to spend some quality time alone at our favorite beach.


Currently we are staying at Paradise by the Sea RV Resort in Oceanside. Since our return we have had many busy days...we had to purchase another car, housing still needs to fall in place. Justin starts work in a few weeks and we need to sell our RV. So much to do, but it's all good. We are grateful, it was all worth it.

In closing this chapter of my life I will always remember the struggles and tears, joys and highs, knowing fully that I embraced life and all the Lord had in store for my family and me. I am excited about the future, I don't know what's next but I do know the Lord has prepared us for something and we are open to whatever that may be.





No comments:

Post a Comment