Thursday, July 10, 2014

Grand Teton & Jackson Hole

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky displays His handiwork...


Day after day it speaks out; night after night it reveals His greatness. There is no actual speech or word, nor is its voice literally heard.


Yet its voice echoes throughout the earth; its words carry to the distant horizon. In the sky he has pitched a tent for the sun." Psalm 19:1-4


Thank you Lord for the beauty that surrounds me.


We arrived at The Lodge at Flagg Ranch, just north of Grand Teton NP, after two days of driving. I was exhausted and sadly not in the best of moods. The next day was the 4th of July, one of my favorite holidays, and I was homesick for our tradition of spending the 4th in Lake Arrowhead, Ca with my family. Thankfully my parents were still with us.

Since our campground did not have any 4th of July festivities we decided to head South an hour to Jackson Hole, Wy.


I fell in love with the town instantly, quickly curing my 4th of July homesickness. We were able to watch their annual parade...


instead of candy this float threw out ears of corn.

After the parade we went out to lunch and spent the afternoon shopping. I love the western feel of the town of Jackson Hole, it is charming and unique.





We also checked out Teton village that day. In the winter skiing and snowboarding fill these mountain slopes.



The rest of our days were spent hiking, swimming, fishing and paddle boarding in Grand Teton NP...




I love this picture of my Dad and Layne. He would carry her everywhere like this.



We call this girl Fancy Nancy.


Our favorite part was spending time at Jackson Lake.

Nana helping the girls find rainbow rocks.



This picture cracks me up. I love that my parents are outgoing, they are always up for trying new things.

While we were at Jackson Lake we were blessed to meet another family on vacation, visiting from Colorado. The kids were instant friends and they played and played. We spent two days hanging out swimming, paddle boarding and ended with dinner watching the sunset together.



These two were so cute together.

All 12 of us enjoying the sunset over Jackson Lake. I am hoping we can meet up again later on in our trip.

Our time in Grand Teton was full of great memories made.

I am grateful we had my mom and dad along. They were able to get a cabin at camp so they could have some space. Justin and I were also able to sneak in another date night. We decided to head back down to Jackson Hole for dinner...

I had a candied bacon salad and it was delicious!


Overall our experience was amazing. Amazing scenery, amazing family and amazing new friends.

Thank you Lord for all of this.














No comments:

Post a Comment