Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Seattle

It is a gloomy day today and I am still in my pjs at 6:00 pm. I feel so lazy. There is no way I would ever be productive if I lived where it rained so often. It's hard to be motivated when the sun is missing.

Thankfully most of our time in Seattle was warm and the sun was shining brightly.

With Justin's family still accompanying us, we set out to explore Pike's Market...

Navigating the nine of us through the many crowds did not discourage us from such an amazing experience.

The produce alone was to die for.


Fragrant flowers of all colors lined the walkways.

Seafood heaven. We loved Pike's and could have spent all our time and money there.

Walking past the original Starbucks we did not stop because the line was out the door.

Layne was able to hold a parrot while it did tricks.

We found the famous gum wall and added to it's collection.


After lunch we walked to Top Doughnuts...sadly we were not impressed since we compare every doughnut to Leucadia Donuts back home.

The space needle.

The girls and I had a blast keeping cool in this water fountain. Layne got soaked as usual.

After so much walking we rode the Monorail back to our car...

and spotted the first Nordstrom.

We loved Seattle. Loved the city, the atmosphere, the weather (that day).

Most of our time was spent back at camp relaxing. We stayed in the Bothell area. Justin's mom, grandma and I were able to do some local antique/boutique shopping.


One day during lunch at camp Reagan lost her first tooth. This is huge, considering she's eight and most of her friends have already lost many teeth. We were all so excited.


She placed this note under her pillow that night.

I am positive the Tooth Fairy will enjoy sugarless gum.

Sadly we had to say goodbye to our family who has been with us for a week, but we were blessed to get to see more family from my side on our way from Seattle to Olympic National Park.

We had a lovely lunch planned in Tacoma with my Dad's brother and his family.


My sweet cousin just had a baby, so the girls and I were in heaven...

I could have held that cuddly little one for days.

My Aunt and Uncle loving on their grand baby.

He was just precious!

After my baby fix and our lovely lunch we set off to the Olympic Peninsula.

It's beautiful here, but day's like this make it hard to leave the comforts of our RV. Hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment