Tuesday, February 18, 2014

From One Carlsbad to Another

Yesterday we drove to Guadalupe Mountain National Park exhausted from a good two days on the road. Our campground did not have hookups, disappointing since I was in need of a long hot shower, but in exchange it felt like we were a world away tucked into the foothills of massive piles of rock.

A view from our hike, you can see our Rv.

I highly recommend staying here, especially if you are on your way to the Carlsbad Caverns.

We woke the next morning ready to drive the Pathfinder to the Carlsbad Caverns. We were blessed to go on a day that was not busy and practically had the caves to explore on our own. Pictures don't do it justice, the cave is massive and just breathtaking.


Our descent down into the cave.



I must admit even as amazing as the day was, I'm exhausted. On top of that we are staying overnight somewhere in Texas in a "questionable" Rv park. I told J to keep the gun close to his bed just in case. Please pray we sleep well and are safe! Shh, don't tell my parents, they will worry. xoxo


2 comments: