Monday, February 24, 2014

Thoughts and Mardi Gras

Only the Lord could take this high maintenance girl from all the comforts of Carlsbad into the unknown. This past first week on the road has been both amazing and stressful at the same time. I was overjoyed to experience new surroundings with my family and at the same time tired, frustrated and stressed about my new living situation. During our many stops we were still learning how to run and work our home on wheels. It was challenging to say the least. Many times I heard the Lord whispering to me "let it go" and so far I think this is what this trip will teach me. I am a structured and organized person, so naturally when things go wrong (like the refrigerator not cooling properly after I just loaded it up with groceries) I become incredibly frustrated.

Let it go...and yes I sing the song from Frozen every time I say this.

Surrender it all, and give it to the Lord.

This past week has been crazy, but I wouldn't trade it. I have a new outlook on this experience and the days ahead look so promising. This is where the Lord wants me and I'm blessed to be where I am.

Louisiana border picture through bug splattered windshield.

We took a long drive from Austin Tx into New Orleans...arriving late that night, setting out the next morning to tour the historic French Quarter. It was raining that day, which made it that much more fun for the kiddos.

The Mississippi River...it looks cold and dreary, but it was surprisingly warm.

We started our day eating beignets of course.

Then we walked around and took in the sites...it looks so much like Disneyland.

Switchfoot is scheduled to play at the House of Blues in March, anyone from NCCC would know how exciting it would be to see this.

We got to experience Mardi Gras and watch a parade.

It was a dog parade, perfect for the kids.

They were loaded with necklaces and toys.

We finished the day walking through the rain

and enjoying the beautiful decorated buildings.

New Orleans was amazing...and Mardi Gras was a blast. This city is like no other and I'm so glad we got to experience it. We are currently in Dustin, Florida, ready to hit the beach tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Let it go... Its a great lesson. I have to take a deep breath and work on that "mantra" (also singing as Elsa) daily! Loving the blog... keep it coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It looks like you have covered so much ground since we saw you last. Yes, change is challenging but so worth the stretching. I LOVE the images that you have captured through the lens, Crystal. May I share them with the Reading Rainforest Kiddos?
    They are missing Reagan.

    Tomorrow we will be on a Google Hangout for Doodle4Google from 10:30 a.m. (PST). Click into it if you're around, okay?
    I'll look forward to more of your posts, dear friends.

    Oh... as for the fridge? Eat more beignets! :0


    ~D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. Stein! If course you can share with the class. We will try to log on today, thanks for letting us know!

      Delete