Monday, May 5, 2014

Gettysburg Gorgeous

From DC to Gettysburg we stopped off at a repair shop to get the awning on our slide fixed. It was damaged from the wind in the Outer Banks. We have not been able to push out our kitchen slide since the damage so it was nice to get that fixed and have a little more room.

After the repair we headed to Gettysburg Farm where we stayed two nights. The kids were in heaven with all the farm animals. I loved the beautiful scenery, a farm in the springtime is absolutely gorgeous.

The farm had pigs, bunnies, cows, alpacas, goats, peacocks, and geese.

During our visit we drove to the battle of Gettysburg and purchased an auto tour cd to help us visualize the battle scenes.


While we were driving through the beautiful rolling hills of Gettysburg I realized that I missed my Canon 5D camera. Before the trip I sold it along with my lenses not wanting to lug it around and spend time editing.

In my head I figured that if I didn't have the camera I wouldn't feel the pressure to make every picture perfect and so I would enjoy our trip more.

All pictures taken on this blog have been with my iphone or Justin's...it has worked out well, but our time at Gettysburg reminded me that an iphone can only do so much.

It was hard to imagine these fields covered in dead and wounded soldiers. There were monuments everywhere, dedicated to the lives of the soldiers who fought there.


We stopped at the lookout tower, guess who didn't climb to the top.

Here we are taking a little break to eat battlefield fries.

We finished the auto tour and then headed back to the farm.

It rained off and on during our time there. I wish we would have stayed longer, but we have future plans booked and need to keep moving.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of our stay in Gettysburg...
Eyes closed in every picture I took. It was because we were both laughing so hard at that moment, I don't even know why. Justin's going to kill me when he see's this.

No comments:

Post a Comment