Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kennebunkport

Blessed.

There is not much more I could say about our week in Kennebunkport.

Our good friends arranged for us to stay the week at their family's vacation home in Kennebunkport, Maine. From the moment we arrived we have not wanted to leave the house. It was a much needed break from the cramped quarters of our RV...the ability to do laundry and take hot showers and not have to share one tiny bathroom with five people.


So thankful and grateful.

Not only is this house amazing, but the area of Kennebunk is one of our favorites so far. Of all the places we have traveled to I would say this part of Maine has some of the nicest people ever.

We instantly fell in love with this house, and this town.

Most of the time we relaxed, watched movies and vegged...we went out to lobster dinners and took bike rides. It was just the break we needed.

The trail we took to the beach on our bikes.

Lobster dinner at Mabel's.

Toward the end of our stay I went to pick up my cousin Madison who flew in from LAX to Boston, she will be hanging out with us for a little over a week.

My kids adore her, and so do I.

We took more bike rides...

and discovered beautiful beaches.

My hubby and I...so happy.

One day we walked Main Street in Kennebunkport with just the girls.



We shopped and had ice cream.




The town of Kennebunkport is so cute, so much character and charm.

One of the days Justin got to go surfing. The owner of Aquaholics was so sweet she even let Justin use her own personal board.
The shop owner kept calling Justin "San Diego". He had a blast surfing Maine...such a good experience.

With Madison around Justin and I had the privilege of going out on a date...

Once again a farm to table restaurant has exceeded our expectations. 50 Local was fantastic...we have eaten at so many restaurants on our trip, and this one ranks high on our list.

We tried lots of yummy food while in ME too...
at Reilly's Bakery we ate donuts,

at the Calm Shack we had the best Lobster Roll...literally.


We went for long walks down by the water...

in the background is President George H. W. Bush's summer home on Walker's Point.

We basically walked, biked, ate and relaxed at home the entire time. It was so nice.

Blake even had time to do a little target practice with his BB gun...

and the kids played in the front yard for hours.

I honestly don't think this blog post is in any sort of order. We had such an amazing time...it felt like a vacation away from the trip we're already on. It was nice to spread out and have our own space for the week...it was nice to do nothing. Sometimes we just need days like that.

4 comments:

  1. Crystal - I truly think you may have found your calling. Perhaps you're meant to have a wonderful travel show/blog where you enjoy the sights, etc. and then describe it!! I feel as though I'm with you and your family every step of the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your encouragement means so much, you don't even know! You, your sis and your mom have been our biggest supporters. We are so grateful for your words.

      Delete
  2. Ditto. Nothing makes me happier than getting a notification of a new blog post!! I have about 4 gals in my office who stand behind me as we scroll through the pictures and your words. Such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said the same thing to your sis, we are so thankful for your continued support. You, your sis and mom have been so encouraging!

      Delete