Tuesday, June 10, 2014

San Diego Getaway

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

My awesome hubby flew me home to see my family for the week. I was beyond excited, especially since my sister had no idea I was coming.

Flying out of Chicago O'hare I arrived in San Diego, grabbed a rental car and headed to San Marcos to surprise Lindsey. Well, actually I made a pit stop at Nordstrom first, but only because it was on the way.


When my sister answered the door she screamed so loud she scared Easton and he started crying. Poor guy. Oh it was so good to see my sister and her sweet family. I missed them so much.

These two have Auntie wrapped around their cute little fingers. I couldn't believe how much they had changed in 4 months. Both are talking up a storm and saying the funniest things.

Since I was back home there were a few places I wanted to visit...


We spent some time in Cardiff walking around...we had a Pipes burrito and VG's donuts.

The weather was gorgeous as usual.

My sister and I were able to enjoy a few nights out, thanks to her husband, Tyler. We laughed and laughed...it felt so good to have that special time with her.

Mexican food was a must, I went to dinner at Miguel's with some sweet girlfriends.

More and more on this trip I am realizing how blessed I am to have such amazing friends in my life. Those who I got to see and those who I didn't get a chance to see, you know who you are and I love you dearly.

We drove around Carlsbad. It felt like yesterday that we lived there, doing the normal routines. Nothing has changed, except the area where the fires hit...

this is just outside the back gate of our old neighborhood.

I am confident that we will land back in or around Carlsbad after this journey...it's an exciting and reassuring feeling to know that we get to return to such an amazing place with friends and family waiting for us.

Towards the end of my trip I drove up to Chino to have coffee with a good friend, and spend a day with my mom, dad and grandma. I was crying before I even pulled into the driveway at my parents' house. It was a happy reunion, full of tears and hugs. I wish I could have been with my parents longer, but they will be joining us in a couple of weeks and we'll all get to spend some quality time together.

Not planned whatsoever, my brother and sis-in-law flew in that night from Oklahoma for a wedding and I was able to go with my dad to pick them up at the airport. We all went to In-N-Out of course, because that's what you crave when you are out of California for any length of time.

My stay in San Diego was just what I needed...I was able to relax and refresh. I was able to connect with family and a few friends and just enjoy those relationships that God has placed in my life.

Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.









No comments:

Post a Comment