Tuesday, June 10, 2014

While Mom's Away

While I was in San Diego Justin kept the kids pretty busy. He moved them from Chicago to Springfield, IL and then to Cincinnati, OH.

I am so thankful I can completely trust him to take care of things while I am away.

The following is a summary of their time spent without me...

Since we have Legoland passes they stopped off at Legoland Discovery center in Chicago after they dropped me off at O'hare airport.

The next morning they packed up camp and headed south to Springfield, IL. Justin sent me this picture of their drive...

anyone who watches Parks and Rec will know how exciting it was to see Pawnee.

From Springfield they took a day trip down to St. Louis...

where they visited the famous Gateway Arch.


This is the underground museum beneath the arch.

There is no way I would have gone up to the top...the kids said it was a tight squeeze.

But the view was amazing.

They went to lunch at Bogart's Smokehouse and Justin said it was the best BBQ he has ever had. I was glad he enjoyed it so much because I was feeling pretty guilty about all the amazing Mexican food I was eating.

They ended their day in St. Louis with a tour of the 120+ year old Anheuser-Busch factory.

The kids loved seeing the Clydesdales up close.

Huge, massive horses, so beautiful.

The next day they got a history lesson on the life of Lincoln in Springfield, IL. They were pretty strict about taking pictures at the Presidential Museum, but Justin and the kids said it was very well done.

The building Lincoln's law office was in before he became President.

They were able to tour Lincoln's house...

and get a better appreciation for our washer and dryer in the coach. Homeschooling at it's best!

The tomb where Abraham Linclon is buried.

Time well spent...I am so thankful that our kids got to experience so much while I was away.

The next day Justin packed up the coach yet again and traveled east to the Cincinnati area, where I would fly in to meet them...

With a few hours to spare before I was to fly in Justin and the kids visited the Creation Museum in Kentucky just south of Cincinnati.

Justin said the museum was great; providing scientific support for the Genesis account of creation, the world wide flood and Noah's ark, and flaws in evolutionary theory.


It was very interactive and hands on, making the learning fun and easy for the kids.

They also had a beautiful botanical garden...

and petting zoo.

Justin and the kids were waiting for me at the Cincinnati airport with cards and flowers. I was beyond excited to see them...I missed them so much.

Flying alone I had lots of time to think and reevaluate my thoughts about our trip. I came to the conclusion that although I miss my friends and family back home I wouldn't trade one minute of this journey I am on with the ones I love the most.

I am so grateful for every second spent on the road. I am grateful for my husband who see's my needs before I do. I am grateful for my kids who go with the flow. Most of all I am grateful for my Lord who has blessed me exceedingly abundantly more than I could have ever imagined.








No comments:

Post a Comment