Monday, March 17, 2014

Bahia Honda and Key West

We are starting to look like the locals, tan skin and all. After our cruise we headed down to the Florida Keys for some more sunshine. It's a totally different atmosphere down here...laid back, relaxed and eclectic is how I would describe the Keys. Lots of fishing going on, my Dad would be in heaven. We spent yesterday morning catching up on school and relaxing at our campsite on Sunshine Key.
Some of my best memories will be of my kids riding their bikes at camp.

In the afternoon we climbed into the Pathfinder and headed down to Bahia Honda State Park.
We went to the beach...
went for a walk
and saw a Portuguese-man-of-war.
We ended the day with a walk through the Butterfly Garden.
Bahia Honda was beautiful, thankfully the wind picked up a little making the day not so hot.

Today we tackled school again in the morning and took a trip to Key West in the afternoon.

We visited the Southernmost US Continental point...

and took in the sites of this colorful charming city.
The best part was the random chickens and roosters walking around, it adds to the character of Key West.

After shopping we learned about some local history.
This is how my 10 year old learns about historical events...

and this is how my 4 year old learns best.

We finished the day back at camp and cleaned up the coach because tomorrow we are heading to the west side of Florida...I heard the Gulf has even more beautiful beaches to discover.

I don't think I could ever tire of the ocean or the sun, it is my happy place.






2 comments: