Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dolphin Tales and Legoland

I am currently sitting in a rec room eating ice cream at our Thousand Trails camp site using their wifi because we have way surpassed our data for the month. Watching the many serious bingo players in the other room I'm starting to realize I could really get used to this life. A life on the road or at least in an Rv park.

Everyone seems so relaxed.

Not a care in the world.

I bet Justin and I will end up staying permanently in a place like this...when we retire.

We made it to Orlando after spending the week in the Tampa area. Our initial worries about the Largo campsite ended up being nothing, we had such a relaxing time.

We visited Clearwater beach, home to the dolphin Winter!
The kids were excited because they loved the movie Dolphin Tale.

Winter.

Clearwater Marine Aquarium rehabilitates all sorts of marine life, not just dolphins.

They even had a dolphin show that my kids really enjoyed.

After the Clearwater Aquariam we headed for lunch at Frenchy's on the beach.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach...

The next day we headed to LEGOLAND, FL. We used to live right down the street from LEGOLAND, CA so we were excited to see what the difference would be.

One ride that Florida has that we have never been on before was the Coastersaurus.

I will forever cherish the following picture.
Oh poor Layne...I can't help but laugh every time I look at this picture. Layne is actually our most brave child, it surprised me that she was so afraid.

LEGOLAND FL has a beautiful botanical garden.
The largest Banyan tree I have ever seen.
Justin gets photo credits for this shot.

We went to a pirate show right on the water. They had wake boarders and skiers who did the most amazing tricks on the water. Something we don't have at LEGOLAND, Ca.

I was a little homesick after seeing this sign.

We had a blast at LEGOLAND. It reminded us of home.

Today we went to Lazydays and had work done on our Rv...the kids spotted this miniature version of our Rv and laughed.

After some repair work we headed into Orlando. We are here for about 10 days...spending tomorrow at Disneyworld, celebrating Layne's 5th birthday. We are all so excited to see the Magic Kingdom, I will try to post soon! xoxo









1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! I'm glad you get to experience this time with your family. Hope you guys have a blast at Disney World! Happy Birthday Layne! We love you!

    ReplyDelete