Saturday, March 22, 2014

Southwest Gulf Coast

The days are running into each other, each beach we explore has different characteristics but I'm having a hard time keeping track of them. Not a bad problem to have if you like the beach, which I do. Heading from the Florida Keys we stopped to take a peek at the alligators in the Everglades.
Massive beasts, creepy but at the same time mesmerizing.

After the Everglades we were on our way to Naples, making it just in time to catch the sunset.
Kissy kissy. My hubby, my rock. He has embraced this adventure and I'm so proud of how he get's our family from one place to another. We have had our share of frustration, but this experience has brought us closer than we have ever been before.
Sisters and best friends, they are inseparable.

We stayed at the good old Cracker Barrel that night and headed to Ft. Myers beach the next day. I'm sorry to say Ft. Myers has been my least favorite visit so far. We caught up with the spring breakers, so lots of traffic and craziness.
The only pic I took at Ft. Myers beach...a gold painted person posing as a statue.

The next day we braved the traffic again and headed to Sanibel Island just outside of Ft. Myers.

When you want to collect sea shells you go to Bowman's beach on Sanibel Island.
Not sure if the shell collecting was worth the 2 hours to get off the island, but it was still a good experience.

After a full night's rest we decided to pack up, leave Ft. Myers, and head towards Largo (near Tampa). Mid way through our drive we stopped at Walmart, left the coach and headed out in our Pathfinder to Siesta Key, an Island in Sarasota.
Parking was hard to find, but we found a spot near this beautiful American flag.
Heading to the beach.
The water was clear and beautiful.
We found a hammock and relaxed in the shade.
Siesta Key was lovely...it was crowded, but we enjoyed the day.

After checking out Siesta we got to Largo late afternoon and pulled into camp.
This picture looks serene but let me tell you this campground has given me mixed feelings...

more on that with my next blog post.









No comments:

Post a Comment