Sunday, April 6, 2014

Making Memories

We have graduated.

No more Playhouse Disney shows, my kids are more interested in Space Mountain and Rockin' Rollercoaster. When did this happen? We had season passes to Disneyland, Ca when Blake and Reagan were little and this time around heading to the parks felt completely different.

No more strollers, diaper changes and meltdowns at 2:00 pm. The only person who had a melt down was me. I was exhausted and tired. Disney parks teach patience and I am confessing now that it was tested over and over again.

Happily though we ventured into Hollywood Studios on our third day, ready to see new things and make some memories.

Hollywood Studios has only a few rides and mostly shows, making this our least favorite park. We did have fun watching the stunt show, it was probably Blake's favorite.

We all had mixed feelings about Tower of Terror. Blake and I loved it, Justin liked the one in CA better, Layne got a tummy ache and Reagan just cried at the end. On a funny side note, an older lady sitting next to me on the ride was so terrified that she grabbed my leg and held on the entire time. Thankfully it wasn't a guy or Justin would have socked him. I totally understood since I was squeezing Reagan's hand so tight. The lady and I just laughed after the ride ended.

105 minute wait for Toy Story...we did not get a FP for this ride so we walked right past.

A few tips we picked up by the third day. Select your three favorite rides/shows the night before and get a Fast Pass for an afternoon time slot, get to the park right when it opens and go on the rides that usually have the longest wait time first. Drink lots of water, pray for patience and have fun.

Moving on to one of our favorite parks Epcot.

So much learning was going on...making this home school mamma happy!
We enjoyed exploring countries...

smelling the beautiful flowers

watching butterflies in the garden

and tasting sodas from around the world.

Our favorite ride that day was Test Track, where you get to design your own car and race it.

We finished the day with a sushi dinner in the Japan area of the park, feeling satisfied that we saw everything we wanted to.

Our last day at Disney we went to the Magic Kingdom again.

The Jungle Cruise was a must because we didn't make it the first day.

All in all it was a crazy week...exhausting but fun at the same time.
This picture sums up Layne's experience.

Today we were blessed with the privilege of going to church, oh how I missed worship. I was in tears the entire time. I am so thankful for the freedom this country gives us to gather, worship and read God's word. Something I want to never take for granted. After two weeks of busy my soul is refreshed ready to venture on to what the Lord has next.

Heading north!










No comments:

Post a Comment