Tuesday, April 15, 2014

RV Life

Since it has been raining for most of our time in Myrtle Beach and we have not been able to explore like usual I thought I would post about our life in an Rv. Being constantly on the go we have settled into a routine and feel completely comfortable with our home on wheels...

This is our family room, kitchen and dining room. This is what it looks like when we are parked with all the sides out.

Here is our back room.

These all all the books we could fit on board, we use our kindle for the rest.

We specifically looked for an Rv with bunks so the kids could have some space. This is where Blake and Reagan sleep, Layne gets the dining table that folds into a bed.

Rv life has become routine, every morning Justin sits with the kids at breakfast and does a devotion.

We have no dishwasher, but I don't mind. I love to wash dishes, I love to clean. I wish I loved to cook...I'm lacking in that area on this trip. We usually grill or eat out. I do need to put more effort into cooking, find some easy recipes.

The kids take turns helping dry.

After breakfast there is usually congestion in the bathroom.

I have learned how to keep our laundry in check. I usually do a small load everyday when we have full hookups. The big things like our beds and towels I use the laundry mat.

One thing I packed too much of is my clothes. I took up most of the closet. The picture of me doing the laundry sums up what I wear most of the time.

This is the control panel we use to pull in the sides and check the tanks. We use this panel most when we get ready to leave a campsite.

This is what it looks like when all the slides are pulled in.

We have a routine every time we leave camp. Justin works outside while I get the inside ready.
Along with the kids help he puts away chairs and scooters...

disables the clean water and electriciy

and disconnects the sewer. He has the yucky job.

In the mean time when we get ready to travel I get the kids ready to do their school.
The kids are doing Time 4 Learning and we are supplementing with hands on history, science, writing and of course lots of reading.

This is my view when we travel...
hottie!

Whenever we get to a new destination we have to unhook our car. Before we started the trip we had to reinforce the Pathfinder with a drive shaft disconnect. Not sure about all the specifics and what that does, I just know it makes it possible for us to tow 4 wheels down.

This is what our front door always looks like. I do like to sweep those steps, it's my job every time we pack up.

That kind of sums up how we travel.

When we arrived in Myrtle Beach we quickly unpacked and drove downtown.
This is all we saw of the area. We didn't get out of our car, we didn't feel like getting soaked that day.

Today we spent the morning at the outdoor shopping center outside our campground called Barefoot Landing. We walked around and found these funny mirrors that distort your shape.
I've always wanted a longer torso!

Layne was laughing so hard.

Ever since we started this trip I have wanted to find some sort of cute flag or pinwheel to put at our campsite.
I was so excited when we stumbled upon this store.

We choose a colorful flower to grace the lawn of our camp.

We also found this store full of purple. It reminded me of my Grandma who loves purple.

I don't mind at all that our time at Myrtle Beach was rained out, we need down days. We are off to the Outer Banks, NC...hopefully the weather will be nice. If not oh well!

2 comments:

  1. Your “home on wheels” looks fantastic! It’s very spacious and has a homey air to it. How long have you been traveling with it? Looks like you and the kids are very much used to this lifestyle, and already know the routine perfectly. And they seem to be having a blast in every place that you visit. Here’s to more years of travel and adventure! Cheers!

    Cristina Hamilton @ Mount Comfort RV

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you were living a cozy life in that RV. Your RV look so homey! That’s no surprise, given that everything about it is well-maintained, from inside and out. I wish you and your family more fun and adventures on the road. Take care!

    Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV Center

    ReplyDelete